Do you know the average user spends 2 hours and 24 minutes per day on social media in 2020? That’s the latest stat according to TechJury.
It stands to reason that some serious thought should be put into your marketing strategy when it comes to social media. Let’s say you already post on a regular basis to Facebook and Instagram but are just running out of ideas of what to post next.
Well, I am here to tell you that planning doesn’t have to be that hard. I’ve always firmly believed that in order to be successful with any marketing plan we need to think like our customers. We need to be where our customers are at the right time with the right message. Sounds familiar huh?
Here are 5 tips that might help you plan ahead a bit and free up some time to do more important things like meeting with your customers and increasing your business.
- Make a 12-month calendar of holidays and events. This site www.timeanddate.com will give you at a glance holidays that you can quickly identify with. Choose a couple each month that may be relevant to your customers and be sure to post about these with either a contest, a quote or just as a way to be mindful.
- Use a social media post app such as Spark Post. Spark Post makes it very easy to make easy creative post for Instagram and Facebook. This app will even give you featured “seasonal” templates to use and will spur some ideas.
- Ask your customers to post on your social media pages. Depending on your business category it could be really cool to have videos or photos of your customers using your products, eating at your restaurant or visiting your store. People love to see other people using a business they are thinking about using themselves.
- Do shout outs to other local businesses and ask them to do the same for you. Local businesses need to help each other. This is a great way to gain lots of new likes.
- Create referring posts to your website and blog. If you don’t have a website or blog let me know. Blogs may not seem important but they can help you increase rankings online, create awareness all the while giving viewers information that is useful to them and their business.